10 Best Lab Digital Thermometers and Temperature Guns
If you are a scientist and want to conduct experiments on changes in temperature then the lab digital thermometers and temperature guns are just what the doctor ordered. These devices are used to read and determine temperatures of different experiments conducted in the laboratory. They come with a tiny LCD display that shows the detected temperature reading by converting the change in temperature into a digital format and displaying it either in Fahrenheit or degree Celsius scale.
These devices are used effectively in research and development while monitoring experiments, ensuring that the working environment remains sterile and to calibrate other laboratory instruments. Disparate rules and regulations oversee different reading calibrations.
- Accuracy: These devices are immaculately accurate and provide authentic readings of the change in temperature in contrast to the conventional laboratory thermometers. They are very quick to pounce up on even the minutest changes in temperature.
- Low cost: The digital thermometers are reasonably priced and very easy to operate.
- Environment friendly: Since most of these gadgets are not hazardous and have been tested rigorously in this regard, so they do not cause any harm to the environment.
While purchasing a laboratory digital thermometer, there are certain features that you should consider to ensure that you land upon the right kind of gadget in accordance with your requirements and preferences.
- Durability: It is always judicious to opt for a digital lab thermometer that is durable and long lasting and is able to withstand the rigors of your scientific adventures while offering you reliable service for a long time. Keep in mind that strenuous lab conditions can easily break down conventional thermometers so a reliable and long lasting one should be your first choice.
- Accuracy: The best digital lab thermometers should give you accurate and authentic readings no matter what kind of conditions they are being used in. The displayed data should be reliable for interpretations of the variations in temperature.
- Cost: A reasonably priced thermometer should be your preference as it should not break the bank and put too much burden on your pocket.
10 – EtekcityLasergrip 774 Digital Laser Infrared Thermometer Temperature Gun -50℃ ~ 380℃, Yellow and Black
The EtekcityLasergrip 774 Digital Laser Infrared Thermometer Temperature Gun -50℃ ~ 380℃, Yellow and Black is appropriate for both indoor and outdoor excursions. It gives accurate surface temperature readings even from a long distance without compromising on precision. It lets you measure extreme temperatures ranging from -58°F (-50°C) to 716°F (380°C) without requiring to get too close. The thermometer used infrared scanner to measure very high temperatures in electronic components. It is very easy to use and offers lab temperature measurement that exceeds boiling point.
- Equipped with an integrated laser to give you authentic readings regarding changes in temperature
- Accuracy and unique design makes it appropriate for beginners as well as professionals
9 – AcuRite 02028 Color Digital Thermometer with Indoor/Outdoor Temperature
Loaded with a large bright display that portrays indoor and outdoor temperatures while recording the everyday highs and lows, the AcuRite 02028 Color Digital Thermometer with Indoor/Outdoor Temperature is one of the best digital thermometers around. It is integrated with the Freeze Alert feature that indicates when the temperatures are beyond the freezing point while the auto-dimming brightness feature in the display screen adjusts backlight brightness based on the lighting conditions in the room or outside.
- Temperature readings are transmitted by the outdoor sensor every 30 seconds utilizing the 433MHz wireless signals from a distance of 165 feet
- Equipped with illuminated color display with auto-dimming brightness
8 – Digital Thermometer, Liumy 110V LCD Dual-Channel Temperature Controllers, Temperature Meter Tester for K/J/T/E/R/S/N Thermocouple
With the ability to measure the temperature of fluids or vapors and surface temperature of solid objects, the Digital Thermometer, Liumy 110V LCD Dual-Channel Temperature Controllers, Temperature Meter Tester for K/J/T/E/R/S/N Thermocouple offers a wide measuring range. It is far superior to the conventional mercury and alcohol thermometers while the electrical compensation function compensates thermocouple error as it ensures accuracy and authenticity. Furthermore, the humanized design allows for smooth operation in both Celsius and Fahrenheit scales.
- Comes with a dual channel input for temperature measurements ranging between -200℃ and 1300℃
- The LCD display with backlight allows for easy reading of changes in temperature
7 – Control Traceable 4648 Jumbo Display Vaccine Thermometer with 5ml Round Bottle, -50°C to 70°C Range, 0.1° Resolution
If you want to keep track of freezes, water baths, incubators and heating blocks, then the Control Traceable 4648 Jumbo Display Vaccine Thermometer with 5ml Round Bottle, -50°C to 70°C Range, 0.1° Resolution is the best digital thermometer for you. It is integrated with a phenomenal temperature buffered sensor that lets it determine changes in temperature with accuracy while the triple display portrays the maximum, minimum and current probe of temperatures at the same time. It supports a range of -58 to 158 degrees Fahrenheit and -50 to 70 degrees Celsius.
- The large sized triple display portrays the maximum, minimum and current probe of temperatures at the same time
- Bottle probe is available for use in refrigerators and other associated applications
6 – Thomas Traceable Kangaroo Thermometer with 7.5″ Probe Length, -50 to 300 degree C
The dual range digital thermometer is a great pick for gauging variations in temperature in test tubes, beakers and other laboratory equipment. The Thomas Traceable Kangaroo Thermometer with 7.5″ Probe Length measures temperature from -50 to 300 degree Celsius with +1 or -1 degree Celsius accuracy. It is made of high quality stainless steel and is resistant to numerous laboratory chemicals.
- LCD with 0.75 inch digits for enhanced visibility
- Made of high quality stainless steel and is resistant to numerous laboratory chemicals
5 – Infrared Thermometer Janisa AD6530D Digital Laser Non-Contact IR Temperature Gun With Color Display K-Type thermocouple for Kitchen Cooking BBQ
The Infrared Thermometer Janisa AD6530D Digital Laser Non-Contact IR Temperature Gun With Color Display K-Type thermocouple for Kitchen Cooking BBQ is an ideal choice for those who are perfectionists and want their laboratory experiments to be as perfect as possible. It is very reliable and detects changes in temperature in a responsive manner. It is loaded with an inbuilt k-type thermocouple for determining internal temperature while the user can switch on and off the Ultraviolet and laser lights as and when required.
- Boasting a state of the art design, the digital thermometer has an integrated 12 points laser and ultraviolet light that can be triggered on and off
- It is loaded with an inbuilt k-type thermocouple for determining internal temperature
4 – Valuetom Laser Infrared Thermometer Temperature Gun Accurate Thermometer for Car, Cooking, -32°C-530°C
Equipped with infrared technology gun, the Valuetom Laser Infrared Thermometer Temperature Gun Accurate Thermometer for Car, Cooking, -32°C-530°C lets you determine temperature without having to get too close to the target object of process. It is light in weight and very user friendly. The LCD display is backlit that allows the use of the digital thermometer both in broad daylight and in the dark. The safe and contact-less design lets the user stay away while gauging temperature change.
- It comes with enhanced storage that lets it record the last 32 measurement readings for quick reference
- The backlit LCD display allow its use both in the dark and during the day
3 – Etekcity Lasergrip1030D Infrared Thermometer Digital Dual Laser Temperature Gun Non-contact with Temperature Filtering -50℃ ~ 550℃
Designed for both home and professional use in the laboratory, the Etekcity Lasergrip1030D Infrared Thermometer Digital Dual Laser Temperature Gun Non-contact with Temperature Filtering -50℃ ~ 550℃ is a handy device for gauging the surface temperature of objects and has the ability to keep track of extreme temperature ranging between -50 degree Fahrenheit and 1022 degrees Fahrenheit accurately. The temperature filter detects drastic variations in temperature.
- It is very safe and easy to use while producing authentic and reliable results
- The temperature filter detects drastic variations in temperature
2 – Koeson Professional Non-Contact Digital Laser Infrared Thermometer, Top Accuracy Temperature Gun -50℃ ~ 550℃ with HD Backlit LCD Display
The integrated infrared technology gun in the Koeson Professional Non-Contact Digital Laser Infrared Thermometer, Top Accuracy Temperature Gun -50℃ ~ 550℃ with HD Backlit LCD Display allows you to keep a safe distance from the target object for measuring temperature. It can be used for a wide variety of purposes such as cooking food, maintaining automobiles, watching fire and other applications related to electrical engineering. It supports a range of -50℃ ~ 550℃ with an accuracy of + and – 1.5%.
- Comes with adjustable emissivity and high or low points for greater accuracy
- The LCD display is highly visible and comes with integrated laser pointers for greater accuracy
1 – Temperature Gun ennoLogic Dual Laser Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer NIST Option Available – Accurate Digital Surface IR Thermometer eT650D
Another non-contact precision infrared digital thermometer is the Temperature Gun ennoLogic Dual Laser Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer NIST Option Available – Accurate Digital Surface IR Thermometer eT650D. It measures the temperature of a distant object by detecting the infrared radiation emitted from it. It is suitable for both commercial and home applications such as cooking food, maintaining automobiles and also veterinary related purposes. However, it is not suitable for medical purposes.
- The large sized LCD display with backlight allows its use during the day as well as at night
- Boasts a quick power response time of 500 millisecond and a distance to spot ratio of 10:1
The Wrap Up
The ideal lab digital thermometers should be reliable and accurate as efficiency is the name of the game when it comes to scientific experiments. There are so many thermometers available in the market so their choice can become a bit taxing. However, we have compiled this list to assist you in determining the digital thermometer that best suits your needs. Ensure that you invest your hard earned money on quality, accurate, long lasting and fast digital thermometers. The devices enlisted here have been tested rigorously and we hope that their features and specifications will guide you to get what you are looking for with ease.